Sign up to receive email updates and to hear what's going on with our magazine!
Coupon Codes help buyers at your store to avail discounted prices. It also helps you retain customers, and they inevitably come back to your store again. You can create single or bulk Coupon Codes for a particular customer/product, group, or anyone depending on the purpose, need, or campaign.
Coupons can be sent via email or included in newsletters, catalogs, or advertisements, such as banners and images on the front page of the store. You can also produce printed material or create an in-store coupon for mobile users using a QR-code, etc.
To use a coupon code, the customers will input it in the cart during checkout, and the discount value will be applied immediately. Magento 2 also supports a coupon code feature. Magento 2 has Cart Price Rules which help you run a promotion on your store and offer discounts to the customers using a coupon code.
Impressive, right? In this tutorial, I will showcase the creation of a coupon code using Cart Price Rules in Magento 2:
1. Log in to your Magento 2 Admin.
2. Click MARKETING on the left bar.
3. Under Promotions, click Cart Price Rules.
4. Tap the Add New Rule button.
5. Expand the Rule Information tab.
6. Here you will enter the necessary information, like:
7. Let’s talk about the 2nd tab Conditions. You can set different conditions and sub-conditions for the rule. Expand the tab and apply the conditions to use the Coupon.
8. Expand the Actions tab and enter the following details:
9. Last is the Labels tab. It allows you to set labels for your promotion.
10. Once you are done, tap the Save button.
There are many ways by which you can engage your customers and make sure they return to your store. You can offer discounts, run promotional campaigns, give Coupons, and it will all give a boost to your sales.
The tutorial above was all about creating coupon codes in Magento 2. If you followed each and every step properly, you now have the advantage to attract your customers as well.
Have a question? Let me know by writing in the comments section below.
Fayyaz is a Magento Community Manager at Cloudways - A Managed Magento Hosting Platform. He writes about Magento Tutorials at Magenticians as well as share his knowledge with the Magento Community. Fayyaz is a food lover and enjoys driving. You can email him at firstname.lastname@example.org