Disclaimer: Magenticians does not necessarily agree with the views expressed in this guest post. They are presented to bring to light all diverse views in the Magento and general ecommerce community.
At present, the ecommerce industry is growing at an unprecedented rate, thanks to the latest ecommerce trends. The number of people shopping from the online stores is increasing with each passing day. As expected, this industry will grow like never before with all the latest technologies and trends at its disposal. The ecommerce sales ratio is more likely to hike around 200% by the year 2020 according to an authentic survey. This industry is experiencing heights in its demand in the market.
So, if you don’t want to lag behind, you must keep yourself updated with all the latest e-commerce trends. And, in order to make a strong online reputation and trust for your ecommerce business, you must have a robust e-store or e-comm application through which you can sell your products and services.
That being said, when it comes to e-commerce development, there are multiple platforms available on the market. However, but there is something that makes Magento development services a preferable platform among developers as well as enterprises. One of those features is Magento 2 swatches.
The Magento environment holds a large community and updates its versions with better features and fixes/improvements that make the newer versions more powerful. In the year 2015, the community made some improvements and launched another version; Magento 2, that contributed to making web and app development more scalable, quicker and easier.
Magento 2 Swatches
Magento 2 possesses the Swatches feature (including such as color, pattern, and texture) that help make it more appealing. If your visitors feel your e-store is more realistic, they will end up shopping more.
So, swatches are undoubtedly a good way of adding more competitive benefits to configurable products. This feature allows customers to choose whatever they like by just one click on the swatch. The color, pattern, and texture have really proved to be the efficacious tools to make the product offering appealing and informative.
This functionality lets you increase the visual elements of the product offerings. Additionally, it gives access to users to watch the product variations in various colors/textures.
The text swatch functionality enables showcasing of the sizes and other types of text-based options. It’s a sort of button with a text label, which works the same way the color swatch option does.
The Magento 2 swatches functionality is quite extensive as it allows you to showcase the available texture/color options. Whenever an item is showcased in different colors. It makes it easier for buyers to pick the right product variation.
What Are the Ways of Configuring Magento 2 Swatches?
Visit the stores, then go to the “Attributes” and press the “Color Attribute Option”.
From that section, you will be able to configure all the available color swatch settings:
- Catalog Input Type for Store Owner: It enables you to select from the Dropdown Menu, Text Swatch, and Visual Swatch.
- Update Product Preview Image: It lets you update the product image on the catalog.
- Use Product Image for Swatch if Possible: It enables you to replace the swatch image with a base image or a product swatch.
Once you’re done with it, move to the Manage Swatch (Values of Your Attribute) section.
- Afterwards, click on the “Add Swatch” button for setting up the values for the chosen attribute.
- If you have selected the color swatch then you may add the colors you want and fill in the text descriptions as well.
- In addition, you would also be able to replace the colors along with the images.
- Click on the arrow appearing closer to the color box and then click on the Upload the file button.
For a text swatch, you would be able to define values only as text and, the easiest variant is using the drop-down menu with the text description values.
What Are The Ways To Assign Attributes to the Products
- Once the configuration is done, you would require to assign the attributes to the products. And for that, you would need to visit the “Products- Catalog” section and select a product you want to attach an attribute with.
- Next, click on the Update Attributes option from the Actions drop-down. There, in the color tab, change the attributes for the ones you want.
Configuring Product Options Using Magento 2 Swatches Extensions
- If your Magento 2 store possesses multiple products with the availability of custom options, you may find the manual configuration a time-consuming task. However, the “Advanced Product Options extension” may help in solving this issue.
- The module lets you develop multiple custom options templates and apply them to a various number of products at once.
In order to control the inventory of the custom options, visit the store and then go to the “Option Inventory Report”. This functionality will provide you the ability to modify any number of the custom options in just a few clicks.
This way, you will be able to save a lot of time in adding custom options to the products.
So, now you know how to configure the Text, Image and Color Swatches in Magento 2. By using the above-mentioned attributes, extensions and configuration steps, you would be able to complete the process of adding custom options to the products. For more updates related to the Magento, keep visiting our blog section.
Mahi Singh is a senior Magento developer working for Magento India, a leading Magento Development Company for a global clientele. The company is based in India and offers a complete range of services including Magento design, development, migration, speed optimization, app development, maintenance and support and more. Besides being an expert in her domain, Mahi is a writer by hobby and loves to share her knowledge and insights online.