Good evening, the good people of Magento!
I hope you all had a profitable week!. I surely had a good one, and it’s going to be better. Why?
Well, I am going to tell you what happened all this week.
First things first, the awards season is here.
Oh, not Oscars! I mean Magento Imagine Excellence Awards. We can call them “Imaginies!”
OK, Grumpy! Well, the official Magento team is now calling for nominations. Check the post for more details.
Let’s talk about some security business: Security Patches.
Maria Zayac from Atwix has written about the importance of installing Magento security patches. Honestly speaking, Magento store owners should take patching seriously. There are numerous cases where storekeepers won’t apply security fixes for months.
Let’s talk SEO for Magento 2.
The top priority for any SEO practitioner is to integrate Google Analytics (GA) code inside a website in order to get up-to-date reports related to performance on the Google Search. Andrey Dubina wrote this awesome piece on how to add the GA code in Magento 2. He did not stop there. Next, he authored the way to generate a sitemap in Magento 2.
But, there is more to SEO than just putting codes and generating sitemaps. You can improve your search engine ranking by incorporating a blog.
For Magento 2, Firebear Studios has compiled a nice list of blogging extensions for Magento 2 shops. So, type away!
(Want more SEO inspiration? Check this guide!)
Talking about search engines, it is important to have a good search functionality. I think there’s nothing better than Elasticsearch. Noor Ali has created this easy-to-use tutorial on using Elasticsearch with Magento.
Dusan Lukic has now cracked the code for using annotations in Magento 2. Excellent stuff!
And, there is a lot more to read:
- Stakeholders, Upgrade, Strong Points
- Setup scripts in Magento 2
- Getting your Hands Dirty Testing Magento 2
- Working With Models in Magento 2
- Google Trusted Stores and Trusted Shops for Magento 2
- Google Merchant Center Magento 2 Integration
- Magento 2 Project Directory Structure Thoughts (Quick Note)
- Unit Testing in Magento 2
- MageTalk Episode 79 – Magento Masters
- Alessandro Ronchi Shares The Importance Of Magento Events And Why Magento 2 Is The Next Big Thing In Ecommerce
- Behind the scenes of Inchoo Design team: a talk with Katarina Dijakovic
- My thoughts on Magento 2
Oh yeah, the announcement for Meet Magento Ireland has been made. Some of us will be running at the “Imagine a Big Dam Run”. It will be so fun!
Let’s end this with a party song!
See you soon!