Paypal is one of the most renowned online payment service organizations in the world. It provides a high level of convenience and security that simplifies the entire online product purchasing process. Ecommerce companies strive hard to attract a large number of customers and they don’t want to lose them just because of the inefficient payment system.
Magento 2 PayPal payment gateway integration may sound like a complex procedure, but this tutorial will make the process simple for you. All you have to do is follow the steps below, and you’ll be able to integrate PayPal on your store!
Let’s get started.
First, login to your Magento 2 Admin panel:
Expand the Store menu to choose the Configuration option:
Choose the Sales option in the left section of the navigation bar.
Now we have to go to Sale -> Payment Methods
Now the next option is to choose your target country. For that move to Merchant Location Panel to set the merchant country from the dropdown menu.
After selecting the Merchant Location, we have to Configure PayPal Setting in Magento 2.
- Click on the Paypal Express Checkout on the Configure Button.
- Create a paypal Account with the Required details:
- Email Associated with paypal, API Username, API Password, and API Signature.
- Enable the Test mode option by choosing “Yes” for seamless testing then choose No, when you’re ready with it.
- Choose “Yes” if your system is establishing a connection with Proxy server. Now you need to configure the IP address for the Proxy host and enter the port number for Proxy Port.
- Now choose the enable option which will change the value to Yes. Enabling this functionality will help the customers to receive the payment through Paypal credit.
There are four parameters under the basic settings :
- Title – Enter the title name for the payment methodology
- Sort Order – This option is for sorting the various payment options included in the checkout page
- Payment Action – This section defines the ways through which the payment would be processed, ie., either Sale, Authorization or Order.
Advanced settings comprises of five parameters:
- Payment Applicable form – Choose the all allowed countries from the drop-down menu
- Debug Mode – Choose Yes if you want to enable the debug mode, otherwise choose No
- Enable SSL verification – SSL stands for Secure Socket Layer, one of the enhanced security level. Choose Yes from the drop-down menu to enable SSL.
- Transfer Cart Line System – Click Yes to enable the transfer cart line system
- Transfer shipping options – This option enables the user to facilitate with various shipping options for the product delivery
- Enable Paypal guest checkout – By enab1ling this option, customer don’t need to sign up to purchase the product.
- Require customer billing address – This option is mandatory for customers to enter the billing address of the product.
- Billing agreement signup – By enabling this option, users can enter all the information for agreement signup.
- Skip order review step – Selecting Yes for this option, helps the user to free themselves from posting reviews about the products and services
Click the Save Config button located on the top right corner to implement all the changes applied to the payment methodology.
Once you’re done will all the steps above, you should now have enabled and configured your store to receive payments through PayPal in Magento 2.
After following this guide, you are now able to integrate PayPal in Magento 2. If you still have any confusion or want to add something, leave a comment below!
Rahim Makhani is the award winner CEO and founder of Auxano Global Services – a web and Magento development company. He is keenly interested in writing technical blogs pertaining to android and iPhone application development. During his spare time, he loves to dive in the pool and enjoy playing golf with his friends.