Have you ever experienced speed issues with your Magento store? Or perhaps you have noticed the decrease in conversion due to the poor visibility in Google SERPs? If you can relate to this – there’s a cure and the name is Google AMP technology.
The AMP project was started in 2015 and the main idea was to create the most lightweight pages possible, allowing static content to load instantly. At first, AMP was used for articles, news, and blogs, etc. But luckily for you – AMP is now available for Magento 1 and Magento 2!
Why would you use it? If your website is too slow, your potential customer bounces away from your store. If you don’t want to lose your clients and profits, I’m sure you will do anything to achieve an excellent Magento store performance and increase the conversion rates.
Conversion & AMP: What You Should Know?
According to the authoritative company moz.com, conversion is “the general term for a visitor completing a site goal.” A conversion rate is “the number of times a user completes a goal divided by your site traffic.”
The best way to improve your conversion rate is to make sure your webstore is optimized, ranks high on Google, and the content of your pages load in a blink.
These things can be easily achieved if you install Magento AMP extension by Plumrocket. It reduces an average page load time to less than half a second – almost 7х times faster than average, and thus boosts your conversion rates. What can be better?
So Why Should You Implement AMP Technology by Google to Your Magento Store?
- Automatically create lightweight pages with simplified HTML structure that will boost your store page load speed.
- Google AMP technology allows your store content to show at the top of Google Search for mobile users
- Setting your Magento shop among the top rated within the Google search results means a drastic increase in your conversion rates.
Ready for Awesome Features?
- You can create lightweight and valid Magento AMP pages instantly
- The built-in support of Google Analytics allows you to easily track customer activity on your website
- You can offer your customers a possibility to make the best choice while shopping on your store using “Add to Compare” button on AMP product or category page.
- Using currency and language switched your customers will have an option to make a purchase in a more convenient way.
- Video widget allows you to add Youtube Videos on a product page to stand out from the competition and increase sales.
- Recently Viewed Products section on AMP product page makes it easy for customers to compare products or simply go back to an earlier choice and complete the sale.
- Sidebar mini-shopping cart allows the customer to view added products without switching to Shopping Cart page.
Configuration and Testing
There are 3 simple steps to make the Plumrocket Accelerated Mobile Pages Magento extension work for your store:
- Download, install and enable the extension.
- Configure all the necessary settings according to Plumrocket online manuals.
- Test and validate the extension. This procedure will ensure you that the AMP pages are indexed by Google. You can learn how to test and validate your AMP pages from this manual in Plumrocket wiki. Once your extension is validated, you can enjoy the results!
At the time this article was posted, the Plumrocket AMP extension for both Magento 1 and Magento 2 has been installed on more than 2000 Magento stores. This proves that the Plumrocket Magento AMP extension is an extremely popular tool among store owners. You can use it as well to give you store a serious boost in speed and conversions!