Disclaimer: Magenticians does not necessarily agree with the views expressed in this guest post. They are presented to bring to light all diverse views in the Magento and general ecommerce community.
We Are Living in the Mobile Era
Mobile commerce, or more commonly m-commerce, is a broad term used to describe all commercial activities taking place on mobile devices. For instance, making payments, mobile Internet browsing, mobile application interfaces and so on are part of m-commerce.
Moreover, mobile devices are used in almost all day-to-day activities including shopping, Internet surfing, and entertainment, etc. A vast audience is available on mobile devices.
According to statistic from payment gateway giants like PayPal, around 1.5 billion dollars of payments comes through mobile alone.
Therefore, all present ecommerce activities need mobile versions along with desktop or laptop displays. For this very reason, Google has made it compulsory for all websites to be responsive or mobile friendly.
It has changed the scenario of the web, and no one can withstand with desktop only versions of their websites or ecommerce sites. Thus, giant ecommerce platforms like Magento have changed the approach in favor of mobile friendliness.
M-commerce Trends Have Made Magento 2 Mobile Friendly
The latest version of Magento 2 has all themes and templates responsive by default.
Mobile friendly themes in Magento 2 are functional on all mobile devices and deliver seamless experiences to end and backend users. If you run a comparative analysis between Magento 1x versions and Magento 2x versions, you will find the following advantages in Magento 2:
- Better front end in Magento 2, delivers seamless UX
- By using modern responsive web design libraries, Magento 2 has better code base to favor mobile displays
- Better tools available for mobile users
Magento 2 Features for M-commerce Marketers
#1: Non-Developer Friendly Backend
Magento 1’s backend was developer friendly. In other words, a nightmare for the average user. This has changed in Magento 2, though. Now, Magento 2x has an easy to use backend interface to allow small to big changes without the help of a programmer or hiring a developer.
Mobile friendliness of Magento 2x has also made life a bit easier with the inclusion of marketing and merchandising features. Magento 2 backend users can use their mobile devices with all benefits including backend management from anywhere and at any time.
#2: APIs of Magento 2
Magento platform is famous for its modular approach to frontend as well as backend interface. It makes the job tough for responsive web designers when a number of internal as well as external service modules need to be integrated for a seamless user experience.
Fortunately, various APIs for features, functionality, and services in Magento 2 are solving such issues up front. Magento 2 API is a concept of a service contract where each module/extension is showing off the functionality over the relevant API.
For instance, WebAPI functionality enables Magento 2 to run micro services in your app with amazing mobile experiences for mobile users. Therefore, when developers use such APIs, using OAuth like authentication methods to sync user experiences for ecommerce shoppers.
#3: Caching in Magento 2
Mobile connectivity is unpredictable when performance is in question. Therefore, caching is one of the loadings like performance parameter improving mechanism proved efficient in most of the cases.
Thus, caching capabilities involved in Magento 2 is a blessing for developers hard-pressed for better performance by the clients. Of course, it was available in Enterprise Edition of Magento 1 only; now it is a reality in Magento 2 for all levels of users.
Moreover, support for Varnish Full Cache is an another bonus in Magento 2 so Magento 2 developers can enhance the overall performance of their ecommerce store despite connectivity hurdles.
#4: Enhanced Magento 2 Admin Panel
Magento 1 had a confusing interface for admin panel and without the help of power users or developers, making serious changes was challenging for all levels of users.
Magento 2 optimized the admin panel and functionality for mobile devices to manage your online store. Now, slick and simple user interface of admin panel in Magento 2 has made life easier for the backend users who want to make changes while on the go!
#5: Awesome Marketing Features
Magento 2 consists of some amazing features to ease online marketing such as:
- Features for dynamically displaying content for better content experiences
- Promotions and pricing for targeted customers based on genders, locations, and order history like parameters
- Customer segmentation and personalization to offer excellent user experiences for each shopper in bespoken ways
- Easy to set up promotions for set conditions to enhance conversion rate and further loyalty/engagement of your Magento 2 ecommerce site
- Visual merchandising feature in Magento 2 is great for retailers online running ecommerce too
- Optimized product category pages so you can set up rules to organize the category pages to boost conversion rates further
- Drag-and-drop interface allows you to position the products manually
- Magento 2 allows customizing emails and newsletters to promote your ecommerce causes
- Advanced search features integration like Elasticsearch in Magento 2 can ease in-store search
- User Content section in Magento 2 lets you keep track of user-generated reviews so you can build trust among customers and offer a community as a platform
After realizing what amazing ecommerce features the latest Magento 2 versions has, you might be tempted to jump onto the Magento 2 bandwagon. It is always helpful to have an impeccable team of Magento 2 designers and Magento 2 programmers in your contact so that if you ever run into any problems, they don’t hold you back.
Tarang is the head of Website development team at Perception System, a leading e-Commerce Development Company. He has been in the industry for 15 years.