Magento is an e-commerce solution developed as an open source technology that offers traders dealing online with versatile shopping cart mechanism and hold on the overall appearance, content, and operations for building an attractive Magento website design. It provides robust SEO, marketing, and catalog management solutions. As per statistics in 2015, about 20% of the online traders accepted that the most commonly opted e-commerce solution by online traders in Germany was Magento e-commerce.
Magento Platform has organized solutions for customers with e-commerce sites and has even helped some migrate to Magento with incredible agility and personalization expertise with the ecommerce development. The e-commerce platform offers too many solutions and a vast list of offerings, including extensions development, theme customization and maintenance services.
For developers and designers who are new to Magento, they may struggle with some of its features. The process of building an ecommerce website on Magento is easy when you have the know-how to create an attractive store.
Prior to checking out Magento website design guide, let’s go through the steps to start up your Magento ecommerce website.
Step by step guide to set up a Magento Website Design
Online trading has become an integral part of our lives, and this is why traders need to have an appealing store which attracts customers.
As technology is continuously evolving, it has made the process of Magento website design quite easy for developers. Let’s check out these six simple steps for building an attractive Magento website design.
Select an eye-catching domain name
- If you desire to establish a robust online presence and spread awareness about your brand, selecting a domain name is essential. It comprises of your web address along with your brand and a vital marketing solution.
- Initially, select a name that is not too long, appealing, and simple to remember. It should be distinctive as the most general ones are already taken.
The best domain name offers your online outlet with:
- Brand identity
- Build professional kinship through contacts, e-mail address related to the domain
- Offers SEO for advertising.
Avail host Magento documents and Magento installation packages on your server
- Next, you need to purchase a Managed Magento Hosting from dealers and host Magento store on your server.
- Experts advise using Magento ecommerce development services and Magento website design to build and establish your website as soon as possible.
Select a Magento template
- After hosting and installing packages, you must improve your website by running your products, services, and brands with Magento website templates. Make sure to pick up the most suitable one. Hence, it plays a vital role for establishing an attractive Magento website design.
Personalize your designs to complete the hues and fonts of your brand
- As you are focusing on designing an attractive Magento store, it’s essential to develop it in a way that it offers ease of usage. It is an ideal case while a retailer provides the best user interface and user experience to its clients.
- Moreover, helping to reduce the total time consumed in shopping allows retailers to increase sales.
- Make sure you put up details about the product(s) precisely, clearly make map markings with proper navigation links to trigger users to visit your website and shop.
- It’s recommended to use appealing yet straightforward fonts, hues, and framework. These styles grab the attention so quickly and make the Magento website design more appealing.
Additional Helpful Resources:
Relocate your online outlet and import products
- For handling the warehousing services, you need to be very precise. The name, kind, features, proportion, and rates of the products must be perfect and detailed. This supports you in sales and aids users to figure out products and shop with ease.
Check out your outlet settings
- Lastly, you need to set up the installation form, which is appropriate for four outlets and initiate your online outlet functions.
Here we present you with some fascinating Rules for building an attractive Magento website design so that it becomes appealing and attract customers.
GUI for Magento Website Design
- Magento helps you design beautiful e-commerce websites by using JetBrains PHPStorm. The PHP editor is versatile enough to comprehend your codes and framework. Hence, deliver maximum support for all PHP language characteristics for contemporary bequest assignments. Some other properties which PHPStorm holds include for Magento website design:
- Enhanced PHP structure coloring
- Higher-level support for Magento frameworks
- PHP 5.5 support
- Modifying and examining for Magento website development
- With the help of fully functional CMS, it becomes simple to handle your products and associated categories, upload a blog or edit or add webpages. However, it delivers clients with perfect options for products, with SKUs, rates, and pictures.
- There are some hacks to consider while you initiate online shipping procedures for website development using Magento.
- Initiate by investigating your opponents. You can explore some fascinating inspirations regarding their working style and overall operations.
- Develop your easy shipping plans; this will avoid chaos, which will help your clients with proceeding with their shopping with ease.
- Provide different shipping alternatives to your clients, depending on various shipping pace and transporters. The time duration in which your customer gets their order is as essential as how much they are willing to pay for shipping. If you are comfortable in offering free of cost delivery, then go ahead.
- As per the research conducted by Forrester Research, high shipping charges depletes the sales of your website.
- On the other hand, you can easily hike up your sales by providing the alternative of free deliveries or by providing free of cost shipping services on order of a minimum amount set by you and availing something for free causes a massive effect on the psychology of buyers.
Arrange for taxes in an appropriate manner
- At this moment, taxes refer to business taxes and not local sales taxes. You should hire a tax professional or an accountant and seek advice about various ways you can ease out your tax procedures in the process of developing a Magento website.
- These tax professionals will support you in performing things such as acquiring tax ID and attaining knowledge about the tax bifurcation of the area from where you function prices and arrangements.
- All the above-stated factors differ from one location to another. Hiring a tax expert will help you in securing money and tensions in the long run.
Arrange for analytics to estimate your profits and market standings
- While building an attractive Magento website design you require specific information and standards to make your business successful. Initially, you should look for the analyzing present assets in your platforms’ archive.
- Magneto supports you with basic standards such as the rate of conversions, average profit earned on every client, your visitors, and most popular products.
- Also, take into account platform alternatives such as anticipates the site searches which can offer you data about what your clients usually search for.
- Furthermore, the fact can’t be denied that Google Analytics for your e-commerce platform should not be avoided at any cost as this will support you to know what search experts anticipate in and outside of your online outlet.
Google Analytics offers you precise data to support you in increasing the scope of your business:
- Ascertain your potential customer
- Determine where your customers are from
- Ascertain how clients connect with your online outlet
- Potential to interpret the outcomes of your efforts.
Offer payments modes from all popular providers
- Besides Magento’s support system, you can also interact with apps or utility without any obstructions. It doesn’t matter whether it is a payment portal, shipping mode, parameter calculations, you can interact easily with e-commerce experiences such as PayPal, Google Shopping, eBay, Mail Chimp, QuickBooks, etc.
- In case your ecommerce website is versatile enough to function with most popular providers such as Apple Pay, PayPal offered by Braintree, Pay with Amazon and much more, then this is a highly beneficial factor for your business. Shoppers will have a higher proportion of alternatives, which will help them to shop swiftly.
Handle orders and stock
- Operating a retail establishment implies that you have to manage a massive number of requests daily. The high proportion of sales, order, and chaotic capital may put you under tension.
- Hence, you need to have software to handle all the orders and stock, which will ease out your workings. It will support you to manage your operations and products and will also help you gain stress-free life along with enhancing the proportion of your sales, tackling issues, and completing customers’ orders as early as possible.
Arrange for shipping collaboration
- Shipping and deliveries form an integral part of online outlets. As shipping alternatives are massively based on your products, kind of business, potential customers, and e-commerce platform which you use. It has the potential to retain clients, but on the other hand, it can also distract clients from you.
- So, in case you are new in the environment of trading through online platforms, start slowly. This implies that initially only offer domestic shipping and slowly take it to international level.
Ideal Magento Development platform
- Developers of Magento prefer to utilize XAMPP for the development environment and building an ecommerce website. XAMPP is available free of cost and is simple to install Apache server.
- It supports Perl, PHP, MariaDB, and MySQL.
- XAMPP is an open source tool which has a simple setup and offers ease of usage. It can be installed directly from the formal website, and you can initial personalizing your Magento web development.
To sum up
These are some attractive rules for Magento website design among the best out there. Initially, you would need complete knowledge about how the platform works. Next, when you start designing, you need to avail of shopping experiences and seek advice and recommendations from Magento professionals. Also, consider the owner, client and developer’s perspective when designing. Hope this Magento website design guide makes your designing journey a success.