What are the Consequences of Sticking to Magento 1.xAfter Magento 1 End of Life, staying with M1 may put your business at risk. Here are some of the problems your Magento 1 store will have to deal with: No More Security Patch Updates: The absence of these updates will leave your store vulnerable to hackers and security threats. Security vulnerabilities are a major issue for online stores that deal with customer data and payment details – Any mishap with this information can result in harsh fines and damaged reputation. No Official Support: Building and maintaining a website on any ecommerce platform always necessitates official support to help with daily issues. Without official support, Magento 1 stores will start suffering from performance degradation and bottlenecks. Fixes and Quality Issues: No matter how well your Magento 1 store is built, it will always require fixes and improvements for sustained operation. Such fixes are generally covered in new Magento updates, but following M1 End-of-Life, the store owner would have to take care of these. Technology Obsolescence: With the passage of time, Magento 1 will become obsolete. This means that many aspects of your Magento 1 store could lose out on functionality. In fact, many third-party systems will also discontinue making extensions for Magento 1, so that the connections you once used to conduct business would simply just stop working.
Key Magento 2 Features For Every Ecommerce StoreThe popularity of Magento 2 should come as no surprise given the advanced features that give it a competitive edge over other platforms. Let’s have a look at some of these as you consider migration to M2.
- Product catalog management
- ElasticSearch site search
- Integrated checkout
- Order processing, payment, and shipping functionality
- Mobile-first design templates
- Ability to extend functionality with the App Marketplace
- Ability to accept multiple currencies and ship internationally
- A dedicated account manager and technical support
- Magento Cloud hosting
- B2B functionality
- Marketing tools for promotions, email marketing, SEO and Google API
- Content staging, preview, and scheduling through the admin
- Loyalty functionality
- Built-in CMS
- Visual merchandising
- Analytics and reporting
Magento 1 End-of-Life SolutionsConvinced that switching to Magento 2 is a reliable solution? Here are the two ways you can go about it.
Develop a Magento 2 Store From Scratch
|Website Development by an Agency||From $25/hr|
|Website Development by a Freelancer||From $10/hr|
|Magento Development by the In-house Team||From $60,000/yr|
|Magento Themes||$0 – $200|
|Magento Extension||$50 – $500|
|Graphics and Brand Collateral||$10,000 – $18,000|
|Domain||$10 – $500|
|SEO||$60,000 – $80,000/yr|
|Maintenance||$80 – $125/hr|
|Support||$30,000 – $40,000/yr|
Source: Magento Pricing
Migrate Your Magento 1 Store to Magento 2
How Cloudways Can be Your Magento Migration PartnerCloudways offers a M1 to M2 migration with third party assistance that completely takes the migration hassles off your plate.
- Once your store gets migrated from M1 to M2 then you also get a FREE hosting migration from their experts. Where, Cloudways installs regular OS patches on each Magento server to ensure a secure managed hosting platform for your Magento stores. So once you have migrated your Magento store to the Cloudways Platform, you don’t have to worry about the process.
- Cloudways offers a dedicated staging environment where you can test changes for M1 apps, and then push changes to live servers. Why take the risk of your live website breaking during Magento 1 migration when you have a solution provider like Cloudways?
- Cloudways understands that you might not have time to migrate your store from M1 to M2 before Magento 1 End-of-Life. That’s why it has already found the right partner for your migration. Just get in touch with their trusted partners and mark the job done.
- If you want to migrate your M1 store on your own, Cloudways offer a top-rated M1 to M2 migration tool that lets you easily migrate your data.
What If You Don’t Want to Migrate Now?Magento 1 End-of-Life does not mean that Magento 1 will stop working after June 2020 – Magento 1 stores simply won’t receive any new updates and support. That said, if you are still sticking to Magento 1 for any reason, Cloudways is your go-to solution. With Cloudways, you can extend your M1 store life and security even after Magento 1 End-of-Life. Let’s see how Cloudways will support your Magento 1 store:
- Fully optimized & compatible technology stack for Magento 1 stores
- Security assured with dedicated firewalls and partnership with Sucuri
- On-demand Magento patches from our trusted partners
- Dedicated staging environment where you can test application changes and push them to live servers
- Built-in FPC by Amasty improves the performance of Magento 1.x stores
- Get up to FIVE FREE Magento 1 migrations from any hosting platform
- Choice of FIVE world-class cloud providers (Digital Ocean, AWS, GCE, Linode, and Vultr)